The Pombaline Warehouses of the former Royal Fisheries Company of the Kingdom of the Algarve, founded in the year 1773, were built in their entirety on Roman foundations. The area of the changing rooms served as the foundations for the Warehouses, which reused many of the old structures and materials from previous occupations.
The Pombaline Warehouses are comprised of two rectangular buildings, with a twin gable roof, built side-by-side, forming a square. At present, only the outer stone walls remain, with small gaps in the east façades. The Roman ruins in the vicinity of the Pombaline Warehouses are open to the public.
This property is located in the beach Boca do Rio, which has a large sandy beach where the Budens river flows into the eastern limits of the Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park, southeast of the village of Budens.