At the foot of the Gardunha Mountains stands the majestic building of the old Jesuit college.
The buildings, set within a large wooded property, date back to the second half of the 19th century and are formed by several rectangular wings, with two or three floors and one tower. The church is located on a hilltop and the cloister, although adulterated, is Franciscan-inspired. In addition to important laboratories and teaching facilities, the college had a meteorological observatory that functioned until 1910, a zoological museum and a valuable herbarium.
The first “Brotéria” magazine was published in the college in 1902. Egas Moniz, Nobel Prize winner for medicine in 1949, completed his secondary education here.
The entire property, with the exception of the sports field and pool, is for tourist use.