With Romanesque features from the Alto Minho and some Galician influence, Sanfins of Friestas Monastery stands out in the landscape, surrounded by a monumental forest, enjoying great views over the Minho river.
Of note is the Romanesque church that dates from the year 604 AD, with later alterations. To the north and east of the church, around a courtyard, there are the remains of the two-storey Benedictine monastery, as well as an aqueduct and small annexes. On the first level there are granite arcades and some vaulted interiors. Part of the small cloister has 16th century characteristics and the second level has some 18th century features.
Saint Francis Borgia, of the Society of Jesus, lived in this Monastery for some time (1510 - 1572).
All buildings, with the exception of the church, are for tourist use.